October 14, 2022
ICP Australia is proud to introduce ICP DAS’s GW-2232i, which is a Modbus TCP to RTU/ASCII gateway that enables a Modbus/TCP host to communicate with serial Modbus RTU/ASCII devices through an Ethernet network and eliminates the cable length limitation of legacy serial communication devices.
GW-2232i can be used to create a pair-connection application (as well as a serial-bridge or serial-tunnel application) and can then route data over TCP/IP between two serial Modbus RTU/ASCII devices, which is useful when connecting mainframe computers, servers or other serial devices that use Modbus RTU/ASCII protocols and do not themselves have Ethernet capability.
GW-2232i module features a powerful 32-bit MCU to enable efficient handling of network traffic and also has a built-in web server that provides an intuitive web management interface that allows users to modify the configuration of the module, including the DHCP/Static IP, the gateway/mask settings and the serial port settings.
- Supports Modbus TCP/UDP Master and Slave
- Supports Modbus RTU/ASCII Master and Slave
- TCP Connections (masters) per Serial Port: 32
- Read-Cache Ensures Faster Modbus TCP/UDP Response
- Supports UDP Responder for Device Discovery (UDP Search)
- Static IP or DHCP Network Configuration
- Built-in Web Server (HTTP)