June 16, 2021
ICP Australia is proud to introduce ICP DAS’s tGW-718i-T Tiny Modbus/TCP to RTU/ASCII Gateway with 1-port RS-232/422/485. The tGW-700 series module features a powerful 32-bit MCU to enable efficient handling of network traffic and also has a built-in web server that provides an intuitive web management interface that allows users to modify the configuration of the module, including the DHCP/Static IP, the gateway/mask settings and the serial port settings.
The module contains a dual watchdog, including a CPU watchdog (for hardware functions) and a host watchdog (for software functions). The CPU watchdog automatically resets the CPU if the built-in firmware is operating abnormally, while the host watchdog automatically resets the CPU if there is no communication between the module and the host (PC or PLC) for a predefined period of time (system timeout). The dual watchdog is an important feature that ensures the module operates continuously, even in harsh environments. In addition, the tGW-700 series (for i version) also adds 3000 VDC isolation and +/-4 kV ESD protection component that diverts the potentially damaging charge away from the sensitive circuit to protects the module and equipment from the sudden and momentary electric current.
The tGW-700 series module is designed for ultra-low power consumption, reducing hidden costs from increasing fuel and electricity prices, especially when you have a large number of modules installed. Reducing the amount of electricity consumed by choosing energy-efficient equipment can have a positive impact on maintaining a green environment.
- Supports Modbus TCP/UDP Master and Slave
- Supports Modbus RTU/ASCII Master and Slave
- TCP Connections (Masters) per Serial Port: 32
- Read-Cache Ensures Faster Modbus TCP/UDP Response
- Supports UDP Responder for Device Discovery (UDP Search)
- Static IP or DHCP Network Configuration
- Easy Firmware Update via the Ethernet (BOOTP, TFTP)
- Tiny Web Server for Configuration (HTTP)
- Contains a 32-bit MCU that Efficiently Handles Network Traffic
- 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, RJ-45 x 1 (Auto-negotiating, auto MDI/MDIX, LED Indicators)
- Power input: DC Terminal Block
- Allows Automatic RS-485 Direction Control
- Terminal Block Connector for Easy Wiring
- Tiny Form-Factor and Low Power Consumption
- RoHS Compliant & No Halogen
- Cost-Effective Modbus Gateway
See More: tGW-700 Series