July 24, 2020
ICP Australia is proud to introduce ICP DAS’ tGW-715 Tiny Modbus/TCP to RTU/ASCII Gateway with PoE and DC Jack.
The tGW-700 is a Modbus TCP to RTU/ASCII gateway that enables a Modbus/TCP host to communicate with serial Modbus RTU/ASCII devices through an Ethernet network and eliminates the cable length limitation of legacy serial communication devices.
The module can be used to create a pair-connection application (as well as serial-bridge or serial-tunnel application) and can route data over TCP/IP between two serial Modbus RTU/ASCII devices. This is useful when connecting mainframe computers, servers, or other serial devices that use Modbus RTU/ASCII protocols and do not themselves have Ethernet capability.
The tGW-715 features a powerful 32-bit MCU to enable efficient handling of network traffic, and also has a built-in web server that provides an intuitive web management interface that allows users to modify the configuration of the module, including the DHCP/Static IP, the gateway/mask settings and the serial port settings.
This module offers true IEEE 802.3af-compliant (classification, Class 1) Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality using a standard category 5 Ethernet cable to receive power from a PoE switch such as the NS-205PSE. If there is no PoE switch on site, the module will also accept power input from a DC adapter. The tGW-715 is designed for ultra-low power consumption, reducing hidden costs from increasing fuel and electricity prices, especially when you have many modules installed. Reducing the amount of electricity consumed by choosing energy-efficient equipment can have a positive impact on maintaining a green environment.
- Supports Modbus TCP/UDP Master and Slave
- Supports Modbus RTU/ASCII Master and Slave
- Max. TCP Connections (Masters) Per Serial Port: 32
- Read-Cache Ensures Faster Modbus TCP/UDP Response
- Supports UDP Responder for Device Discovery (UDP Search)
- Static IP or DHCP Network Configuration
- Easy Firmware Update via the Ethernet (BOOTP, TFTP)
- Tiny Web Server for Configuration (HTTP)
- Contains a 32-bit MCU that Efficiently Handles Network Traffic
- 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, RJ-45 x 1 (Auto-Negotiating, Auto MDI/MDIX, LED Indicators)
- Includes Redundant Power Inputs: PoE (IEEE 802.3af, Class 1) and DC Jack
- Allows Automatic RS-485 Direction Control
- 3000 VDC Isolation and +/-4 kV ESD Protection for i Versions
- Male DB-9 or Terminal Block Connector for Easy Wiring
- Tiny Form-Factor and Low Power Consumption
Product Page: tGW-700 Series