July 23, 2020
ICP Australia is proud to introduce ICP DAS’ tDS-732i Tiny Device Server with PoE and 3 Isolated RS-232 Ports.
The tDS-732i is a Serial-to-Ethernet Device Server that is designed to add Ethernet and Internet connectivity to any RS-232 device, and to eliminate the cable length limitation of Legacy Serial Communication. It can be easily used for remote controlling of your serial devices through Ethernet Network.
By using the VxComm Driver/Utility, the built-in COM port of the tDS-732i can be virtualized to a standard PC COM port in Windows. Most serial devices do not have network ports; tDS-732i allows the ability of those devices to connect to the network. Therefore, users can transparently access or monitor serial devices over the Internet/Ethernet without software modification.
This Tiny Device Server also adds 3000 VDC isolation and +/-4 kV ESD protection component that diverts the potentially damaging charge away from sensitive circuit to protect the modules and equipment from the sudden and momentary electric current.
The tDS-732i offers true IEEE 802.3af-compliant (classification, Class 1) Power over Ethernet (PoE) functionality using a standard category 5 Ethernet cable to receive power from a PoE switch such as the NS-205PSE. Besides that, the tDS-700 series also accept power input from a DC adapter.
- Incorporates Serial Devices in an Ethernet Network
- 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, RJ-45 Port
- (Auto-Negotiating, Auto MDI/MDI-X, LED Indicator)
- Contains a 32-bit MCU That Efficiently Handles Network Traffic
- Virtual COM Driver for 32/64-Bit Microsoft Windows XP/2003/2008/7/8/10
- Tiny Form-Factor and Low Power Consumption
- Cost-Effective Device Servers
- Watchdog Timer Suitable for Use in Harsh Environments
- 3000 VDC Isolation and +/-4 kV ESD Protection
- “Virtual COM” Extends the COM Port Number on PC.
- Includes Redundant Power Inputs: PoE and DC Jack
- Supports TCP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, BOOTP and TFTP Protocol
- Supports UDP Responder for Device Discovery
- Allows Easy Firmware Updates via the Ethernet
- Contains a Tiny Built-In Web Server for Configuration
Product Page: tDS-732i