August 15, 2018
ICP Australia is proud to introduce ICP DAS’s New tDS-724i & tDS-734i.Tiny Device Server with PoE, 1 Isolated RS-485 and 1 or 2 Isolated RS-232 Ports.
The tDS-724i/734i is a Serial-to-Ethernet Device Server that is designed to add Ethernet and Internet connectivity to any RS-232/485 device, and to eliminate the cable length limitation of legacy serial communication. It can be easily used for remote controlling of your serial devices through Ethernet network.
The VxComm Driver/Utility supports the most popular operating system in the world, including 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 10/8/7/2008/2003/XP. The utility provides an easy configuration interface that can be used to quickly create and map virtual COM ports to one or several tDS-700 series modules. In addition, the utility contains a built-in terminal program, so users can send/receive command/data via the terminal program for basic testing.
By using the VxComm Driver/Utility, the built-in COM port of the tDS-724i/734i can be virtualized to a standard PC COM port in Windows. Most serial devices don’t have network ports; tDS-724i/734i turns those devices being able to be connected to the network. Therefore, users can transparently access or monitor serial devices over the Internet/Ethernet without software modification.
These devices also adds 3000 VDC isolation and +/-4 kV ESD protection component that diverts the potentially damaging charge away from sensitive circuit to protect the modules and equipment from the sudden and momentary electric current.
- Incorporates Serial Devices in an Ethernet network
- 10/100 Base-TX Ethernet, RJ-45 Port
- Contains a 32-bit MCU that Efficiently Handles Network Traffic
- Virtual COM Driver for 32/64-bit Microsoft Windows XP/2003/2008/7/8/10
- Tiny Form-Factor and Low Power Consumption
- Watchdog Timer Suitable for Use in Harsh Environments
- 3000 VDC Isolation and +/-4 kV ESD Protection
- Supports TCP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, BOOTP and TFTP Protocol
- Supports UDP Responder for Device Discovery