February 21, 2023
ICP Australia is proud to introduce ICP DAS’s EMP-2848M. The EMP-2848M series is a SoftPLC-based EtherCAT master with a built-in multi-axis motion control kernel. The programmable automation controller is the perfect companion for small and medium-sized motion control applications where cost and space constraints are decisive factors because it combines compact size, economy, flexibility, and good performance.
The Real-Time Linux (RT-Preempt) operating system, along with the high-performance quad-core Cortex-A53 processor and built-in SoftPLC, guarantees quick, deterministic, and real-time behaviour of the motion control application. Any conventional, independent third-party EtherCAT slave, including I/Os, servo motors, stepper motors, encoders, etc., can be connected to the built-in, reconfigurable high-speed EtherCAT master. Within a cycle period of 500 microseconds, the EtherCAT master may concurrently update up to 128 slaves, including 16 servo/stepper drives.
The user can configure and diagnose EtherCAT networks as well as test motion control features with the help of the integrated web server. The programming tool Win-GRAF workbench was created by ICP DAS in accordance with international standard IEC 61131 with the goals of ensuring compatibility and reusability.
- Conforming to the five programming languages as defined by the IEC 61131-3 standard
> SFC (Sequential Function Chart)
> ST (Structured Text)
> FBD (Function Block Diagram)
> LD (Ladder Diagram)
> IL (Instruction List)
• Several programming languages can be used in the same application project
• Includes functions for converting an existing program into another programming language
• Supports project comparison for comparing two project versions
• Multitasking programming with priority settings
• Extensive libraries significantly simplifying PLC applications
• Supports creation of user libraries
• Integrated fieldbus support
• Comprehensive online help
See More: EMP-2848M