EtherCAT Two-Channel Incremental Encoder Counter - March 10, 2020
ICP Australia introduces ICP DAS’s ECAT-2092T EtherCAT Two-Channel Incremental Encoder Counter.
The EtherCAT slave ECAT-2092T is an Incremental Encoder Counter which provides two independent high-speed Counter Channels. It reads the pulse train generated by an Incremental Encoder and can be used in positioning feedback applications. Each channel has two counter (A, B) and one index inputs (C).
The inputs can either be single-ended or differential signals. Three counting modes are supported: clockwise/counterclockwise, pulse/direction and quadrant counting mode. The 32-bit counter and the trigger level (falling/rising edge) can be configured and set by software. A latch input (HR) for each channel allows the latching and clearing of each encoder counter.
ECAT-2092T supports position compare. Each encoder channel is equipped with one 32-bit compare register which compares the counter position with the compare position and generates an output signal when the counter reaches or passes the compare position. The compare function supports single and auto incremental position compare. The pulse width of the compare output can be set.
Each channel has got an adjustable input signal filter for filtering out electrical noises.
- EtherCAT Slave
- Two Channels, 32-bit Incremental Encoder Counters
- Encoder Counting Mode: CW/CCW, Pulse/Direction, A/B Phase
- Maximum Counting Rate: 4 MHz
- Encoder Input: A, B, C Differential or Single-Ended Signals
- Two Digital Input for Counter Latching
- Two Digital Output for Position Compare Signal Trigger: Single and Auto-Increment Compare
- Encoder Digital Input Filter
- Input Level: 5V, 12V/24V with Internal Resistor
- Polarity Setting by Software for Active High or Active Low Encoder Input
- A/B/C Signal Isolation Voltage: 2500V Optical Isolation